Patented in 1912, two Warner Lenz automobile headlight lenses are transformed into pendant lamps. Hanging over a custom kitchen island, the cool LED internal bulbs bring the fine craftsmanship of the early model lenses to life.
- The carefully crafted wooden headlight buckets were hand turned to model after the late 1920's fender-seated design. In fact, Roger turned both lights with the lens in place.
- The final lamps measure 11 inches in diameter and 15 inches long, with the 9 inch diameter lenses.
Below is an advertisement for the original lens published in The Literary Digest in April of 1919.
Side view of the pendant lamp.
Final pic of one of two hanging lamps.